As the previous part mentioned, this part will continues to provide you some simple care tips to apply in different situations:
- Constipation: you have to find out the reasons which cause constipation in your baby to know the way to avoid them, especially your baby’s milk and food. If she is formula fed, you should check the making formula is correct ratio or not. In additional, you should feed her more fiber rich foods such as pears, apricots, prune juice…or if she is in stage of breastfeeding, you have to change your diet. And you should gently massage her belly with olive oil.
- Insomnia: children who are begin to enter primary often insomnia. You should let them drink a cup of warm milk before going to sleep (milk contain tryptophan, have sedative effects). In additional, you also can put some drops of lavender essential oil in to their bath water. This way has been applied many times and still very effective.
- Sore throat: a recent research has shown that a spoonful of honey can smooth cough of baby even better than cough medicine. You just mix a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of lemon juice then put it into microwave for about 20 seconds until the mixture is warmed ( just warm not hot), and let your baby drink it slowly. But you must remember that baby who is under 1 year old can’t use honey.
- Headaches: you should wrap some ice in a towel and put it on your baby’s forehead will help relieve her headache (remember that never put ice directly on baby’s skin).
- Car sick: you can use ginger to help stop the spasms stomach (it’s the way which body organs in the brain that body is feeling nauseous). For children who are over 2 years old, you can add a teaspoon of fresh slammed ginger into 4 ounces of boiling water and soak it for about 4 – 5 minutes. You can also add a bit of honey to make it more palatable. After cooling, you can let your child drink it half an hour before the ride.
- Indigestion: if your child is over 4 years old, you can give her the chewing gum when she complains to you that she is bloating after meal. She will feel more comfortable because the saliva flow when she is chewing helps to neutralize acid in gastric juice.
Those are necessary tips to help parents take care of the babies that you should remember. Hope that they will be helpful for you.